Thursday, August 17, 2006

Penultimate Snakes Piece

I blame myself, really. I've been honestly excited for this film, and talking it up for almost two years now. Granted, the hype peaked awhile ago, and like pirates or Ozzy Osbourne or fantasy or anything that dorks like us have cherished and embraced for years only to watch pop culture come and snatch it away from us and appropriate it and make it dull and stupid, Snakes on a Plane was fast on that road.

But I never gave up hope. The film might in fact, suck balls, but I don't care. I know they're not gonna skimp when it comes to snakes. Or a plane. So, already, it's the movie you expect it to be. In my opinion, (as everything on this site is), the film will probably be on the level of Transporter 2. I loved Transporter 2. It's such a ridonkulous film. And it's not very good, but it was fun as hell. That's what Snakes must achieve for me. And I have a strong feeling it will.

Fact is, I haven't been this excited for a flick since the last Star Wars. And at least I don't have to go to court before Snakes, like I did for Star Wars. Again, my biggest regret is not being at the theater, where I could screen it for all of you. Provided you brought me apple juice.

And thus begins what so people may consider the beginning of the end. Fan based influenced films that will soon ruin filmmaking as we know it, except for the small core of us who loved what Snakes on a Plane originally intended: to have fun. Sam Jackson knows this movie won't change the world. But he did it out of love. And that, my friends, I respect a lot more than a film like All The King's Men or Cold Mountain, which seem to be made for Academy Awards. Give me the motherfuckin' snakes on the motherfuckin' plane any day of the week.

And with recently purchased ticket warm in my hand, I begin the 7 and a half hour wait to see... you know. The flick with the plane.

(Not to be confused with what Matos called "The one with the boat" referring to Titanic.)

1 comment:

The Dude Speaks said...

it truly is ridonkulous, but I must admit to fanning the flames a bit myself. I just think the whole thing is brilliant.