Monday, June 12, 2006

Another funny coincidence?

So, I've been known to bitch and moan about how other people manage to have the same ideas as me (cough-BRAFF-cough) that makes life kind of disheartening to a fledgling screenwriter trying to make the big time. Or even the small time. More the "enough to get out of debt and live comfortably" time.

But there have been numerous occasions where the ideas in my head have suddenly turned up on a screen or on page. In fact one weekend, I had to sit through three consecutive films and watch an idea I had presented up on a screen in 2000 watt glory. (It would have been 3K glory, but Loews was too cheap to buy those bulbs). I'm not going to get into what they were, because it's sour grapes at this point, and stupid to dwell on it. (Although my vendetta for Braff lives on).

So I find it mildly amusing when I open the script of the show I'm working on, and the first character to speak in the whole damn thing is Professor Stephen Hawking.

Much like the opening of the brilliant "Burger Academy 2: The Vengeance" written by yours truly.


Again, just a mere coincidence, and they don't say the same things (his dialogue in BA2:TV is so brilliant, the script pages need to be written on gold) but it's starting to get ridonkulous.

2 comments:

-Brady said...

That's total BS.
Could it be that your thoughts are influencing the entire world?!
My guess is no, but then again I have been wrong before, oh wait, no I haven't, oh yeah... I have.

The Dude Speaks said...

Just once....