Dude here again. I'm really depressed about the passing of Bea Arthur. I know it sounds silly, but it' true. She was more than just a golden girl, she was Maude! But she was Bea Arthur. She was lovely and fantastic.
Thank you Bea Arthur. Thank you for being a friend.
This weekend, Beyonce stars in a Fatal Attraction rip-off... excuse me, I mean re-imagining. Plus a movie called Fighting, which is probably just what I thought it would be. Because it's called Fighting. Let's go to the numbers, shall we? (All in millions, remember, and these are the studio estimates. The actuals will be available on Monday).
1. Obsessed (ScrGm) - $28.5, 2514 screens, week 1, $28.5 total
2. 17 Again (WB) - $11.6, 3255 screens, week 2, $39.9 total
3. Fighting (Rog) $11.4, 2309 screens, week 1, $11.4 total
4. The Soloist (Par/DW)- $9.7, 2024 screens, week 1, $9.7 total
5. Earth (BV)- $8.55, 1804 screens, week 1, $14.2 total (Wed open)
6. Monsters Vs. Aliens (Par/DW) - $8.52, 3358 screens, week 5, $174.8 total
7. State of Play (Uni)- $6.8, 2807 screens, week 2, $25.1 total
8. Hannah Montana The Movie (BV) - $6.3, 3231 screens, week 3, $65.5 total
9. Fast and Furious (Uni)- $6.0, 3566 screens, week 4, $145.2 total
10. Crank: High Voltage (LGF) - $2.4, 2223 screens, week 2, $11.5 total
So those are the numbers, but what do they mean? Well, it means... No. I'm too bummed to continue this. Give a moment, and thank Bea Arthur for all the laughter and joy (or fear) she's brought you through the years.
There you have my amazingly depressing break down. Next week, SummerMovieXXXplosion(TM) kick off with both Wolverine AND a Matthew McConaughey romantic comedy. Things are looking up. Even if Bea Arthur is gone.
Until next weekend.......