Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter Review! (and others)

I saw Harry Potter at the midnight show, because I have no job and quite frankly, I can.

I wrote up my review of it here.

Also caught Blood: The Last Vampire. And The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 remake.

There have been some flicks I've caught on cable and Netflix, too, being that I have the time. I'll give you a quick rundown:

Zombie Strippers: A movie with a great title, and half decent execution. Still, for a movie with that great title, I expected pure insanity, but I doubt they'd let me make my version of what a Zombie Stripper movie is supposed to be. Fun Fact: two of the titular stripper zombies were in the last 2 movies I worked. on. One's in Porky's The College Years (aka Pimping Pee Wee), and the other is in THE STORM! (Sunday July 26th and Aug 2nd on NBC!)

Eagle Eye: I gave this movie so much shit, because I saw the preview before EVERYTHING last year, and it was starting to piss me off. Plus, Dan (he of Danspeak) told me the "twist" of the movie, and outright declared I would hate it. Lo and behold, I actually sort of dug it. Granted, it was more in the background than anything else, but I'll be damned if I wasn't entertained by the flick. The very end kinda sucks, but other than that, perfectly serviceable movie to watch this month when HBO overplays it.

Push: You may have seen the ads for this. It makes the movie look like Jumper 2. And it sort of is Jumper 2. But it's a lot better than Jumper, vastly more entertaining, and while still stupid, nowhere near as stupid as Jumper. It features groups of people will special skills, kind of like if a whole group of X-men had the same powers as Wolverine, while another group had the same powers as Cyclops, etc. It's fun and it's shot interestingly enough to be mildly amusing.

Alright, that's what I got. I'll have a post on Moviesonline tomorrow (Maybe later today if I'm not feeling too lazy) about the 5 things the next Harry Potter movie needs.

No comments: