Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters Colon My Half Dash Assed Review


How does one properly review a movie like this? There's no logical way to do it. I could try describing the plot to you, but it's ridonkulous. It has a talking package of fries, and he's the smartest one. There's an exercise machine that's set to destroy the world. The beginning has Abe Lincoln transporting deftly through time and space. It's pure lunacy. I also laughed my testes off. The film's opening is fairly close to brilliant. This flick is very funny.

I honestly don't think it matters if you know the show or not. I remember for a long time thinking that the only funny thing about the show was the opening credits. I remember the rest of the show not making me laugh because it was so damn weird, but it was only eleven minutes long, so it wasn't that big a sacrifice to make. I also seem to remember a lot of medicinal drug use at the time of viewing the show, but that neither contributed to nor detracted from enjoyment (or lack thereof) of the show. Aqua Teen was just something that came on before Sealab 2021. Point is, I know none of the in jokes or characters aside from the heroes, and I still had a great time.

Surprisingly, the movie kind of works. It's not too long, and it sticks to it's own absurdities. You don't really have much time to question what's going on because they throw something that's even more insane your way. It's just so damn weird.

See? I told you there's no proper way to review this movie.

No comments: