Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Thing About Trailers

Trailers, for the most part, are starting to bug me. Part of me wants to blame it on age (Too loud, too many cuts and flashes, it's giving me a headache, etc.) and part of me thinks they give too much away.Either way, I find myself using that trailer time to take an all important last trip to the men's room before the movie starts, so I don't have another Star Trek/Inception incident.

That being said, these are some recently released trailers I've seen that look pretty flippin awesome.

Battle: Los Angeles - The movie could turn out to be worse than Skyline. But this is a great trailer, no matter how you slice it.


Your Highness - Fantasy movie from David Gordon Green, written by McBride, has a weird Gilliam vibe to it. Even if it turns out to be a mess, it's a spectacular mess. This is the red band, which means more cursing and brief Natalie Portman in a thong action.


The Mechanic - If it's January and it's got Statham, you know it's gotta be great!


And we'll close it out with some more aliens. This time with the extra added benefit of cowboys.


No comments: