Hey everybody. I've recently fallen ill to a virus. But then I kicked that virus square in the junk and laughed. It was no match for my tiger style.
But seriously, I was a wreck, and it wasn't pretty. However, it must be pointed out that it was not Strep throat, as I feared it was. My friend got the strep, but I didn't. And I think I know why?
It's because of the lemons.
Maybe it wasn't so bad afterall.
Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery, and I wanted to just say a quick few words.
1) See Crank and Idiocracy. Both are hilarious. And a hell of a lot of fun. Idiocracy will be harder to find, as it was only released in 7 cities (LA, Seattle, Austin, Toronto, Chicago, and two more that aren't New York City). I have no idea the story as to why, because it's a Mike Judge movie, and it's just as funny as Office Space. I'll write more about both these flicks soon, but I just wanted to say that they are well worth it.
(For that matter, so is Science of Sleep, the new flick by Michel Gondry, but I'm not allowed to write about it, or say if I specifically LOVED THIS MOVIE until it's release next week).
2) Mets... let's not lose it guys!
3) The Vida interview I did for moviesonline, which is why it's up here. Never would I just randomly decide that anyone involved with Dorm Daze 2 should be given a shout out from my blog. But I did the work, and I'm an ego whore.
4) Can't say enough good things about Nip/Tuck. Although, this third season is a bit off base. They've made some pretty poor choices, but it's still hanging on. I'm almost caught up with the third season, meaning I can ease smoothly into season 4, currently on FX on Tuesdays at 10.
5) You bet your ass I haven't forgotten about Lost. Let's get the theories rolling again. Brady and T-Bone, I'm looking squarely at you.
6) DEAD RISING = GREATEST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME, EVEN BETTER THAN DEVIL DICE!!!
(It should also be noted that Dan, he of DanSpeak, and I took the next logical step that two single bachelors who have lived together for three years would do and jointly purchased an Xbox 360, on which we play this amazing game. And next week comes Lego Star Wars 2!)
7) In the "they put disclaimers up there for a reason" category, I wanted to proudly proclaim that I succeeded in my two times doingthe "Strikeout" as described in Beerfest. (Which is the only movie I've seen twice this year). Do not attempt at home, kiddies. In fact, grown-ups shouldn't either. The frightening part is that I took to it rather well. Like I was meant to do them. As if it were my purpose on this planet. And in life.