Sunday, May 02, 2010

Written discussions of things I've recently viewed.

I've seen some movies recently. I've only written one proper review, and that was for The Human Centipede, which is as dumb and disgusting as it sounds.

In the interest of those films I didn't write proper reviews for, here are the random thoughts that went through my head as I saw the following:

Greenberg
Man, this is full of miserable assholes who insist on going to Trader Joe's AND Farmers' Markets.

This is a movie about white people problems.

Why is anybody answering their phone when this asshole calls?

Rhys Ifans is really good.

(By the way, for a fun time, see what happens when you put Greenberg into google image search, and you wind up getting an interesting summation of the movie.)


The Losers

This is pretty solid. Everybody in this is solid.

Holy crap, did they just destroy that helicopter full of kids?!?

How is Jason Patric getting away with this? This is great.

Mmmmm.... I like Zoe Saldana when she's not Avatar-d.



Clash of the Titans

Wha?!?

Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson sure have recaptured that Schindler's List on-screen magic once again!

Wait... Wha?!?

Mt Olympus is like the greatest prog rock album cover brought to life EVER!

It's like watching Dan play God of War 3. But a little dumber.

2 comments:

R.BillMountain said...

Not that you should stop writing full reviews or anything, but I do request a regular "random thoughts that went through your head" posting. They're fun and informative -- almost like review haiku.

The Dude Speaks said...

Most of the Clash of the Titans ones were text messages I sent while watching it, because I had the theater to myself.