Dude here again. In honor of the new releases this weekend, I decided to write this particular box office report while actually BEING hungover. Granted, that's how I mostly write these, but I find this time particularly fitting. One might say I visited the Land of the Lost whilst drinking.
There's also a My Life In Ruins joke in here somewhere, but I'm just not finding the proper wording for it.
This weekend, a close call for first place that may very well change these numbers tomorrow, making all my hard work null and void. Let's go to the numbers, shall we? (All in millions, remember, and these are the studio estimates. The actuals will be available on Monday).
1. Up (BV) - $44.2, 3818 screens, week 2, $137.3 total
2. The Hangover (WB)- $43.2, 3269 screens, week 1, $43.2 total
3. Land Of The Lost (Uni) - $19.5, 3521 screens, week 1, $19.5 total
4. Night at the Museum... (Fox)- $14.6, 3807 screens, week 3, $127.3 total
5. Star Trek (Par) $8.4, 3202 screens, week 5, $222.8 total
6. Terminator Salvation (WB)- $8.1, 3304 screens, week 3, $105.4 total
7. Drag Me To Hell (Uni) - $7.3, 2510 screens, week 2, $28.5 total
8. Angels & Demons (Sony) - $6.5, 2925 screens, week 4, $116.1 total
9. My Life In Ruins (FoxS) - $3.2, 1164 screens, week 1, $3.2 total
10. Dance Flick (Par)- $2.0, 1707 screens, week 3, $22.6 total
So those are the numbers, but what do they mean? Well, it means it took me two hours to write those numbers, proving that I'm not hungover, but am in fact, still drunk. I believe I drank myself sober, then back to drunk again.
Enjoy these numbers. That's all you're getting today.
There you have my amazing break down. Next week, something comes out.
Until next weekend.......