Dude here again. I just got back from Vegas. It was a long, arduous, and extremely hot journey. I still have some money left and my legs aren't broken, but it's awfully late, so you get truncated numbers and that's about it and you'll like it.
This weekend, two completely different movies make an obscene amount of money. Close to the amount of money I lost this weekend. But not really. Let's go to the numbers, shall we? (All in millions, remember, and these are the studio estimates. The actuals will be available on Monday).
1. Wall-E (BV) - $62.5, 3992 screens, week 1, $62.5 total
2. Wanted (Uni) - $51.1, 3175 screens, week 1, $51.1 total
3. Get Smart (WB) - $20.0, 3915 screens, week 2, $77.2 total
4. Kung Fu Panda (Par/DW) - $11.7, 3670 screens, week 4, $179.3 total
5. The Incredible Hulk (Uni) - $9.2, 3349 screens, week 3, $115.5 total
6. The Love Guru (Par)- $5.4, 3012 screens, week 2, $25.3 total
7. Indiana Jones... (Par) - $5.0, 2556 screens, week 6, $299.9 total
8. The Happening (Fox) - $3.8, 2483 screens, week 3, $59.0 total
9. Sex and the City (NL)- $3.7, 1755 screens, week 5, $140.1 total
10. You Don't Mess With The Zohan (Sony) - $3.2, 2147 screens, week 4, $91.2 total
So those are the numbers, but what do they mean? Pretty much exactly what they present themselves to be.
There you have my amazing break down. Next week,Will Smith comes to reclaim his Fourth of July Crown! And one week closer to The Dark Knight!
Until next weekend....