Sunday, June 15, 2008

Box Office Report: Dad's Day Edition

Dude here again. In all fairness to my parents, I decided, since it is Father's Day, to let old Father Dude take a crack at what I do every week. (Since Mom did such a great job last time. The only thing is, my dad's a little... direct. And a man of few words. I just set the template, and let him go. Let's see what he does.

This weekend, they made another Hulk movie? I thought that came out. I didn't like it too much. Let's go to the numbers, shall we? (All in millions, remember, and these are the studio estimates. The actuals will be available on Monday).

1. The Incredible Hulk (Uni) - $54.5, 3505 screens, week 1, $54.5 total

2. Kung Fu Panda (Par/DW) - $34.3, 4136 screens, week 2, $117.9 total

3. The Happening (Fox) - $30.5, 2986 screens, week 1, $30.5 total

4. You Don't Mess With The Zohan (Sony) - $16.4, 3466 screens, week 2, $68.7 total

5. Indiana Jones... (Par) - $13.5, 3804 screens, week 4, $275.3 total

6. Sex and the City (NL)- $10.1, 3155 screens, week 3, $119.9 total

7. Iron Man (Par) - $5.1, 2403 screens, week 7, $297.4 total

8. The Strangers (Rogue) - $4.0, 2410 screens, week 3, $45.3 total

9. Prince Caspian (BV) - $3.0, 2308 screens, week 5, $131.7 total

10. What Happens In Vegas (Fox)- $1.7, 1422 screens, week 6, $75.7 total

So those are the numbers, but what do they mean? They made another Hulk movie? It seems to have taken in a lot of money.

The Happening... well, it happened to make a lot of money also! (Dude's note- He couldn't stop laughing at that one for quite some time).

Indiana Jones is still out. Look at these movies, it's all the same as twenty years ago. Why don't they make movies like Escape From New York anymore? That was a movie. Are they making a sequel to 300?

Sex and the City, god, your mother dragged me to this. Now she can't complain when I make her see that Death Race movie. That movie's going to hurt you sideways!

That's all I have. It's father's day and I want to watch golf on the HD. Why don't you send me cards anymore?

There you have my dad's amazing break down. Next week, Get Smart (Dad really wants to see this) and Love Guru (which he likens to having rabid wolverines systematically attacking his crotch) both open up, in a showdown of mediocre comedies on the same weekend!!!

Until next weekend....

No comments: