Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sue me, I've been slacking

Yeah. I know. I'm a slacker. It's what I do best, to be honest with you. That and witty bon mots that sound so much more clever in my head than when actually verbalized.


(Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool guy.)

Most of the slack comes from my recent move, as I've gone from the swank Valley Village to the wonderland of Van Nuys. For those with knowledge of NJ, it's like going from Montclair to Belleville. So, yeah, I've been moving and unpacking and watching a lot of television on the new HDTV we have set up that is courtesy of our new roommate.

It's... it's so pretty. When moving in, we decided to "break it in" with a viewing of Predator. For a 21 year old movie, I've never seen it look better.

But enough excuses, I'm gonna post some random stuff here, and if I've forgotten anything, leave me a comment, and I'll get right back to you on it. Or not. Let's be honest.

So, here's a few links to reviews of movies I've seen recently: The Signal and Chicago 10. Later this week, I'll have a Paranoid Park review to go up, and one for All The Boys Love Mandy Lane. I've been writing them for the websites, but for some reason, I forget to post them up here. Which sucks, because The Signal is pretty fuckin great, and I failed to get the word out.

And here are some tiny capsule reviews that I may expand upon later:
JUMPER - Sucks Balls, but I was highly entertained by what a mess it was.
THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY - Cried like a bitch. Very moving. I totally got into it.
BE KIND, REWIND - Absolutely loved this movie. Made me feel like I was 12 years old making movies in Rob's backyard again. It's not for everyone, but it pushed the right buttons with me. I'm working on my own Sweded version of Castaway right now. (I have a kickball with a picture of Owen Wilson on it, that's good enough).

Oh, Lost-speak. So, I was kind of far behind, but luckily the new roommate was smart enough to record Lost on the DVR (in HD, no less) and I finally caught up. Holy crap! While I enjoyed the odd twists behind Kate's story, I freakin LOVE what's going on with Desmond. This past episode was outstanding, and another reason why I think Lost is probably the best show on TV, despite what everyone tells me about Battlestar Galactica.

(Oh, but if one more person tells me I need to watch The fuckin' Wire, I'm gonna go buckwild up in this bitch. It's come to where I purposely avoid it just to irritate those who tell me what an amazing television show it is).

But yeah, Lost is kicking some ass, and I'm upset that it will end prematurely. But I'm sure T-Bone can tell us the deal with that.

Ummm.... I don't think I have anything else. Oh, my Diablo Cody fixation is up and running, spurred further by nude photos recently uncovered. (amazingly enough, AFTER the Oscar win.)



Yeah, I like her.

No comments: