Thursday, April 19, 2012

Maybe with the enormous success of The Hunger Games...

...that for the sequel they can rent a tripod and hire a DP who knows how to frame a fucking shot.

While they're at it, learn to hold on to a shot for more than 1.5 seconds. It's okay to let a film breathe.

That being said, I thought it was a pretty damn solid flick, Lawrence is terrific, most of the casting is spot on (I didn't care for Peeta, he looks like he's permanently stunned, but he did a good job nonetheless), it's got a cool look to it (when you can see it) and I'm a sucker for futuristic deathmatches, so it's alright.

I will say this, it reminded me of the first Harry Potter flick, where it felt like such a direct adaptation from my brain as I read the book, and that it had to hit so many of the points to appease fans, that it felt like it had no spark behind it. Anyway, it's worth checking out as long as you take your dramamine.

Now, as for an unbelievably stupid movie that's awesome...


It's like an early 1990s Van Damme flick. It puts the retard in retarded, but it's so damn entertaining that you can't help but love it. Slow claps all around!

No comments: