Dude here again. I'm pretty tired right now. I've had a long day, and staring at the computer screen hurts my eyes more than somewhat.
So all you're getting is numbers.
This weekend, Natalie Portman movie comes out that possibly doesn't include lesbians and fingernail wrenching. It makes money. Let's go to the numbers, shall we? (All in millions, remember, and these are the studio estimates. The actuals will be available on Monday).
1. No Strings Attached (Par) - $20.3, 3018 screens, week 1, $20.3 total
2. Green Hornet (Sony) - $18.1, 3584 screens, week 2, $63.4 total
3. The Dilemma (Uni)- $9.7, 2943 screens, week 2, $33.3 total
4. The Kings Speech (Wein)- $9.1, 1680 screens, week 9, $58.6 total
5. True Grit (Par)- $8.0, 3464 screens, week 5, $138.6 total
6. Black Swan (FoxS) - $6.2, 2407 screens, week 8, $83.5 total
7. The Fighter (Par) $4.5, 2275 screens, week 7, $73.0 total
8. Little Fockers (Uni)- $4.3, 2979 screens, week 5, $141.1 total
9. Yogi Bear (WB)- $4.0, 2510 screens, week 6, $88.8 total
10. Tron Legacy (BV) - $3.7, 2018 screens, week 6, $163.2 total
So those are the numbers, but what do they mean? Well, it means that you know the drill from here.
Fun Fact: It still took me two hours to write this, mostly because The Matrix Revolutions was on in the background. This movie's pretty bad, like it's all shot by a second unit crew. Da hell?
So there you have my amazing breakdown. Next week brings us a Statham movie. So bellow a mighty huzzah!
Until next weekend....
Box Office Mojo)