Thursday, July 26, 2007

Remember Pirates 3? I finally did!


Yeah, I finally saw it. Took a long time, I realize. But yeah, it was actually pretty solid. I liked it, and found to be a lot better than the last one. Sure, this one goes on a little longer than it needs to, and if they're gonna pay to have Chow Yun Fat, at least give him something to do, not just kinda stand there, and then do one of the worst choices the series has ever made. Still, it only mildly bothered me. There's a lot of good, fun stuff in this film, and everyone is back on their game. I think it's gotta be Geoffrey Rush's presence. He made me love this movie, and he was sorely absent from the last movie. (Though Bill Nighy is still the best thing in all of the movies, and this time around, you get a chance to see what he looks like without the calamari hanging from his chin.) All in all, this is a worthwhile flick, and very satisfying, given that this summer there hasn't been a whole lot that lived up to the awesomeness of it's trailer.


Fun Fact: I got free popcorn and soda, because I'm awesome like that!

No comments: